Monday, August 9, 2010

Aishwarya: Weight and Watch

Either the world’s most beautiful woman has a fluctuating waistline or there is some discreet airbrushing happening.  I hope it’s the former, it makes her more real.
At IIFA:
At the IIFA awards where she danced to ‘Kajra re’ with Amitabh and Abhishek:
Lovely moves there but we can’t help noticing the bulges at the waist, right?
Films:
There were a slew of releases, in 2006 and 2007, where Ash was back as her svelte self. ‘Dhoom 2’‘Guru’‘Umrao Jaan’.
Or these working stills from ‘Endhiran’ where Ash looks like a million bucks:
Public Appearances:
With dad-in-law at Shilpa Shetty-Kundra’s wedding reception.
The magenta full length kurta did nothing expect make tongue wag about a Baby B in the offing. We know better now. So what was the need for such an unflattering outfit?
Or this, at a recent promo visit for 'Endhiran' in Kuala Lumpur with Rajnikanth.
Cannes:
Ash’s visits to Cannes have always been highly scrutinised.  So we still remember the parrot green sari-cholie ensemble she wore in 2003 to the premiere of ‘Dogville’.  Ouch. 
Look at this year on the red carpet with fellow Loreal ambassador Eva Longoria. I don’t know if Eva is anorexic or size zero, but Ash with bouffant is hefty.
Commercials
From Cannes to the new L’Oreal commercial for Total Repair Shampoo:
Perfect hair, perfect body – where did the curves from Cannes go? L’Oreal has faced flak before for their photoshop disasters on celebrity endorsers.
Years ago, Aishwarya had said this to Filmfare:
I know there have been rumours that I’ve had my teeth and jawline corrected. But they’re only rumours. Others have opted for these things, I haven’t. I’d rather not start any controversy. Implants, liposuctions and plastic surgery are a matter of personal choice. I can’t comment on what others do.
As for me, I’ve only got my enamel bleached. It’s as simple as getting your teeth cleaned by a dentist. See, I’ve never had a pearly white set of teeth. I suffered from a calcium deficiency, which made my teeth look a little stained. So I needed to get them cleaned.
I felt my teeth were too big and wanted them corrected. I told the dentist that my face was lop sided and that I had a strange smile. He assured me that my teeth were just fine. According to him, my large teeth broke the symmetry of my mouth and gave my face an interesting dimension. So if my doctor is happy, who am I to complain?
I’d say we can handle Aishwarya with a few curves and bulges now and then. Any takers for silly ‘photoshopped’ perfection?

No comments:

Post a Comment